REGULATORY AGENDA AND SUSTAINABILITY
CropLife Latin America and the network of Associations maintain a proactive dialogue with regulatory authorities, farmers, academia and other sectors to promote and defend regulations based on scientific evidence that allow access to agricultural technologies. Essential topics to advance towards agricultural sustainability.
This interactive map shows the most important advances and challenges of the 2021 operation which will remain on the agenda in 2022.
Implement Good Agricultural Practices and Protect Pollinators
Which diseases can affect bees? What impact does climate change have on pollinators? What is happening to the bees? What can beekeepers, farmers and gardeners do? What can you do?
We want you to be informed and to share it with your friends and acquaintances through social networks. Being well informed is a responsible action to protect pollinators.
Navigate on the internet and you will find interesting information about who the pollinators are, what the situation of honeybees is, which the diseases that affect them are and which actions we should expect from beekeepers and farmers to safeguard the health of pollinators.
We share the consensus of the scientific community about the multifactorial causes that can affect the health of pollinators, such as:
- Climate change
- Lack of habitats - decrease of wild spaces
- Diseases and parasites such as Varroa
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Bad agricultural practices, which may include the misuse of pesticides
- Bad beekeeping practices related to the exploitation and transportation of apiaries
- Loss of genetic diversity of honeybees
Video: Farmers and beekeepers, united by the health of pollinators
- Farmers and beekeepers: a perfect marriage?
- Latest ecological fake news: Like the "honeybee armageddon" narrative, pesticide-driven "insect-pocalypse" claim is collapsingatest ecological fake news: Like the "honeybee armageddon" narrative, pesticide-driven "insect-pocalypse" claim is collapsing
- How to improve agricultural and beekeeping practices for the health of bees?
- Bees help coffee in the face of climate changeees help coffee in the face of climate change
- Beekeepers and farmers - communication is key to protect bees